Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Do You Care- The Pete Chronicles



Pete missed a few days of school last week. While he was gone his teacher called me to ask what I was doing in my class to deal with Pete's behavior. According to his teacher Pete is just horrible in her class and she wants to know what I am doing that is different.

One of the educational staff from Pete’s room came to my class to ask the same question about Pete’s behavior. When I started to explain how I built a relationship with Pete, the staff member kept interrupting. She really didn’t want to know. The woman went on to tell me that staff in her class thinks that Pete is afraid of me so he behaves.



Pete is happy in my class and completing classwork. It has to be someone's fault that his teacher does not understand him. This is a common practice of people who are not willing to get to know students or accept them for who they are.

I will continue to support Pete and his family regardless of what people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment