Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teacher Do You Care- The Pete Chronicles



During spring break I sent my student Pete a postcard from the San Diego Aquarium.

It said: Hi Pete, I went to this cool aquarium in San Diego. I saw fish, eels, seahorses and a couple of leopard sharks. Hope you had a great spring break; see ya at school. Ms. J

Pete returned to school with two phenomenal days where he made it through the entire period without disrupting the class mostly independently.

On the second day the most amazing thing happened. At the end of the period Pete used his time he earned to talk to me. This time other students were present and listened to Pete’s story script. The other students were familiar with the story and Pete led a conversation about his script. How empowering! He proved a point to the students about a detail and the look of self-accomplishment was astounding!

Pete is a successful student.

No comments:

Post a Comment